The fish swam out into the sea,
Because the whale thought that it was free.
How on earth the dolphin thought it could be,
That something so small could take to see.
Back to the tale, not the scenery,
The fish swam fast, to save it's own victory.
Little had the whale the knowledge,
This teeny fish which was not plain plankton,
But the next heir to the throne.
Recently my family bought a TV card which allows you to watch eight pre-paid channels, plus a surprise channel, per month for one year. We can change the channels every month, so we can change what we watch:D Not to be the author of TV destruction, but how do we know that what we watch is actually worthy of wasting at least 30 minutes of our time? Maybe so, for Downton Abbey and various others, but what about the Olympic games? Will you really look back and think, what a wonderful thing to spend my last few days of summer doing? If so, then don't bother reading this post.. Haha, you already have;)
Why is it so that silver is not good enough for Australia? I mean, yes. Gold would have been awesome. But is silver not enough? Silver would be fine for me:)
Olympic Games Facts
- London has held the Olympics three times already
- Britain's first Olympic champion was actually a minor Scottish Aristocrat born in India.
- The oldest woman to have ever competed in the Olympic Games was equestrian Hilda L. Johnstone who, at the age of 70, took part in the Dressage Event at the 1972 Munich Games.
- Roughly 3,600g of gold worth more than $193,250 will be used to plate the medals that will be awarded at the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- At the 1904 Paris Games the winners were awarded paintings instead of medals as the French believed that they would be more valuable.
- Dimitrios Loundras, a ten year old gymnast from Greece is often quoted as the youngest participant in the Olympic Games but there is a record that a hastily recruited seven year old French boy was part of the Dutch team that won the Coxed Rairs Rowing Race at the 1900 Games. Unfortunately, he became bored and wandered off before anyone recorded his name.
Thankyou to aquiziam.com for the Olympic facts:)
- Some of the events that have been dropped from the Olympic Games over the years include the Tug-of-War, Pelote Bisque, Cricket, Polo and the shooting of live pigeons. Jamaica, a tropical island in the Caribbean, really did enter a bob-sledding (ice-sledding) team in the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics. It was the inspiration for the hit comedy film 'Cool Runnings' starring John Candy as the coach. In reality, the team competed again in France and in Norway. They finally won a Gold medal at the 2000 World Push Championships held in Monaco.
Have an awesome week!!