“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

January 21, 2016

Day Two - Flying

10th December 2015


Participants: Harri (my brother), and I

Itinerary: flight to Singapore, flight to Sydney.

I have to say, it wasn't the most pleasant trip in the world. Probably wouldn't make any of the lists of pleasant trips. However, since it was a plane trip with black, shiny screens that hold a million different entertainment options, it wasn't the worst trip.

So, continuing on from the last post, our intentions were to go straight to sleep on the flight. However, when we arrived on the flight, and flicked through the movies that would be available to watch, we decided to watch one movie together. Funnily enough, I don't actually remember what that movie was... Oh yes, it was The Minion Movie. So anyway, the flight took off, and as we began watching the movie, Harri began falling asleep, so we decided to watch the movie together later. After he fell asleep, no matter how hard I tried I annoyingly just could not fall asleep. I tried moving the pillow we were given all around my seat and underneath me to find an, apparently unfindable, comfortable position. In a last attempt to get myself sleepy, I tried watching a movie. However, the movie was too good and I ended up watching the whole film. Hence, I did not get to sleep, and when Harri woke up we watched the rest of The Minion movie together. Soo, that was sleep gone.

One thing I noticed about the flight, was that they serve us food at really weird times. I am not sure what timetable they go by, but I never seemed to be hungry when they bring around food. Perhaps it was because I eat when I am not hungry, so that when I would have been hungry I am not anymore? I don't know. Did that even make sense?

After being served breakfast, I tried again, unsuccessfully to fall asleep. So, I watched another movie, and then another. And then another. And then another. Till eventually it was night again, and we were in the half hour period till descent. In this way, I got practically no sleep.

As we started descending over Singapore, we stared, much like sitting ducks, at the dotted lights arrangement of Singapore City. It was really quite beautiful, which is one advantage of travelling at night time. Perhaps the only really, cause not sleeping never helps with jet lag. Hopefully the next flight will give me some time to sleep.

I must say, Singapore airport is very different. The thing that really stood out was the purple carpet: very regal and homey. Harri and I quickly got changed into fresh clothes for the next flight, which would take us to Sydney. Hence, we needed to change out of jeans to shorts and long-sleeves to shorter-sleeved shirts. Once done, and after spraying ourselves with our favourite perfume at the duty-free store, we began going through a security checkpoint at our gate. Luckily, I was getting sleepier by the minute, meaning sleep will be easier on the next flight. One can hope.

On the flight again, and finally sleep overwhelms me. Pure bliss.

Next stop, Sydney!!

Till next time,

Laura

Xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment