“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

January 4, 2020

9-Month Wedding Preparations Part 2


As the big day got closer, and my exams and assignments were becoming super busy, not to mention my two-day-a-week placement, things were getting a little intense. Graeme and I were both feeling the pressure, and so we made more of an effort to go on adventures. My flatmate, bridesmaid and best friend Iulia was also aware of the pressure I was feeling, and made sure that I was feeling good and gave me lots more tea than usual, made more time for games, watched movies with me and Graeme and we both went to a tap dance class that was starting at uni, while coming to all my dress fittings!! 

But first we had the hen-do to go to :D I had my hen-do in Glasgow to try to find dresses for the bridesmaids, go to an Afternoon Tea where I had gone with my parents when we first came to Scotland, and go to glass painting in Paisley. I wrote a full post about my hen-do here: My hen do.

Walking through the streets of Glasgow
Having an Afternoon Tea all together <3 
In the train on the way to glass painting
Pamela and Danielle painting wine glasses
On the train back to Glasgow
On the way to the train to Edinburgh

We then had Graeme's stag do, which he invited two of his groomsmen to and all the family. His groomsmen were: Niall, Tony and Harri. So we all went to a go-ape park :D

Me going across a VERY difficult part of the course.  
Graeme, Harri and I half-way through the trail:D 
Action shot of Harri on the Tarzan swing. I was soo scared to go on this part!! I was actually crying just thinking about it 
The day after the stag-do Graeme went with Harri to try on the kilt he will hire for the wedding
It was time to start sending out invitations, and so we finalised our designs. We resized them, got my friend to write the calligraphy, sent them off the printers, put them in envelopes and sent them off.
Choosing the calligraphy we wanted
Finalised invitation
Creating a collage of the different colours of flowers I wanted
Trying to bring out a colour in the bouquets from each dress
 The flowers were going to be done by one of Graeme's mums friends, who has a beautiful garden full of flowers, and has experience arranging flowers for another wedding. I remember sitting down with her in her home on a warm sunny day, and explaining to her what flowers I liked (or thought I did) and that I did not want any baby's breath flowers ;)

Another girl I knew was making flower tiaras for me, all the bridesmaids and the flower girls. It then made it easier when I went to meet with her to explain the colours and flowers I had discussed for the bouquets.

Meanwhile, I spent lots of time at Graeme's parent's place, where Graeme started to create a water feature for the wedding. I had said at one point that I wanted to get married with the sound of water in the background, and so Graeme had taken that seriously and started to source different pots and water pumps to create it. 

The beginnings of Graeme's water fountain
When I bought my wedding dress I wasn't  really aware of how many dress fittings I would need to get the dress fitting well - there were 4 fittings in the end;) And as the first fitting became closer and closer I realised that I needed to have wedding shoes tottery with the dress :o So an hour before the fitting Iulia and I were racing around Edinburgh trying to find the right shoes ;) Luckily we found the perfect ones at John Lewis 10mins before the fitting!!

The first fitting, where the dress was needing hemmed to the shoe height
A week later I could try on the hemmed dress with the shoes. 
While I was hiding all the pictures of my dress fittings from Graeme, I had the opportunity to go with Graeme to his kilt fittings to see how much stuff is actually needed in a kilt outfit!! In this picture he was wearing his own kilt attire except the jacket. The jacket came a few days before the wedding :o 

Graeme wearing the Campbell tartan with his custom-made sporran. 
Finishing a tap dance class with Iulia, where we learnt four different dances over 6 classes. 
With most things done, now all that was needed was to wait (really) till I could make the finishing touches like favours, decorations, nails, speeches etc. I had a couple more assignments still to go as well (and luckily had just finished my placement), so I was able to start getting excited!!

Till next time,

Laura 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment