“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

July 10, 2014

Day Four: Rotterdam

5th July 2014

Today started slow. I woke up late at around nine am in the morning, and Mum was doing the washing untill around lunch time. That is the advantage of having an apartment over a hotel, that a washing machine is free for you to use :D

I also went through my pictures, and deleted the duplicates;) There were quite a few.

Harri lazily reading on the coach.

Dad then finished work at 1:00pm, so we met him at the apartment, and went for a walk.


These birds were creating a houseboat for themselves out of rubbish. It was very economical, as they were cleaning the water, and very clever :D

The only medieval church left in Rotterdam. It was partly burnt down by bombings from WWII, but was restored. We wanted to go up the top of the church, as we heard the view was awesome, but missed the time... I would still love to go up, so maybe on another trip:D

The girl dressed in silver was moving like a robot, and it was truly amazing! We payed her, and I hope she goes on to become a dancer :)

The posh men in our family;) I really have no idea why this statue was in the middle of the street...

We then went shopping in department stores, and Harri and Dad bought a shirt each. It seems that Rotterdam does not accept Finnish visa electron cards, wierd... That night I could not believe it, but we watched two episodes of The Mentalist!! The Mentalist is my favourite TV series, and we haven't been able to watch it in Finland. That truly made my day :D Harri stayed up watching soccer: Holland vs Coast Rica till 2am, and he said that "it was epic". All throughtout the night there was celebratory noises outside, and when Holland won Harri said there were even fireworks. That must have been awesome, but I wouldn't know cause I was fast asleep ;)

Now you are uptodate,

Laura

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment